ONE STEP AHEAD
CARPET PROTECTION SERVICES
Carpeting experiences so much wear and tear over the years, everything from foot traffic to spills and stains. Without protection, the fibers of the carpet will wear out much sooner, causing the carpet to lose some of its aesthetic appeal as well. In order to keep the carpeting looking good as new for as long as possible, most manufacturers will add a protective overspray at the factory using DuPont’s Teflon, 3Ms™ Scotchgard or even their own product. However, a protective overspray will only last so long. This means that you should have an additional overspray protection added to your carpet everyone to two years.
Carpet and Furniture Lasts Longer with Fabric & Fiber Protection!
This application assures you of the best protection possible against resoiling and stains. Maxim Fiber Protection has two protective properties. The first is an acid dye blocker that is basically a clear dye that fills the extra dye sites in a fiber. This helps to keep “foreign” dyes (such as red dye in a beverage) from penetrating the carpet fiber. The second property is called a “fluorochemical”. It is commonly known as 3M Scotchgard® or DuPont Teflon®. This treatment helps keep spillage from actually getting to the acid dye blocker, but its biggest job is to resist dry soil.
By resisting dry soil, less soil bonds to the carpet; therefore, more soil is being picked up by your vacuum. Making sure that you have a sufficient amount of protector on your carpet will help keep the soil from bonding to the carpet. Once it bonds to the carpet, it acts like sandpaper on your traffic area. Once the traffic area yarns are broken down, there is no way to bring them back to their original state.
Bridgepoint’s Maxim Fine Fabric Protector can be applied to just about any type of furniture fabric including delicate fabrics such as silk. We can protect new or just cleaned furniture. Bridgepoint’s Maxim Fine Fabric Protector has a solvent-based carrying agent that will not water mark delicate fabrics. Once the product dries, it will leave a layer of protection that will help the homeowner maintain furniture with ease.
Two Primary Ways That Protector is Removed from a Carpet
- Regular foot traffic. Over a period of 6 months to 2 years, depending on the traffic, a significant amount of protector can be removed from your traffic areas and needs to be reapplied.
- High alkaline cleaner. Uneducated, uninformed and sometimes downright unscrupulous carpet cleaners use harsh chemicals on the carpet that will strip its protection. If one of these rascals has been in your house, you may want to have the carpet re-protected.
Four Mistakes Other Cleaners Make in Applying Protector
- Not using high quality protector. Discount protectors are not as effective and sometimes void the carpet warranty. Our company uses only the highest quality, recommended protectors.
- Not using a dedicated container. Using the same container for carpet protector as other cleaners can contaminate the carpet protector making it gummy and ineffective. Our vans have a dedicated container reserved ONLY for carpet protector.
- Not applying the product properly. Some cleaners either under apply or over apply the protector. Under applying it doesn’t allow for complete penetration of the carpet yarns. Over applying it causes the carpet to become overly stiff and crusty. Our company technicians are diligently trained for proper application.
- Not grooming the carpet. For the best performance, the product should be groomed into the carpet for maximum penetration. This ensures contact with all surfaces of the carpet yarn and proper distribution and drying. Our company thoroughly grooms the protector into the carpet pile.
Six Reasons You Should Always Get Carpet Protector
- Reduces permanent stains. A great looking carpet can be ruined by an ugly spot. Unprotected carpet doesn’t repel spillage as well as protected carpet. Protector will allow you to remove spots and spills more effectively, therefore helping you to avoid permanent staining.
- Helps save your traffic areas from becoming destroyed. Traffic area soil is very abrasive and cuts carpet yarns like a knife. This damaging soil can easily bond to an unprotected carpet. By applying protector, you will increase the life of your carpet dramatically. When you vacuum your protected carpet the soils will release from the carpet pile much more effectively.
- Make spots easier to remove. The easier a spot is to remove, the less cleaner you will have to use. The less agitation you will have to use, and the less time it will take. Many spots can be removed easily with just water.
- Makes your next professional cleaning more effective. Having protector applied to your carpet will enhance your next cleaning. More soil will be removed the next time your carpeting is professionally cleaned.
- Helps avoid costly service calls. Although you want to call us to handle any spot you cannot remove immediately, carpet protector helps you remove more spots than you could without protector. You may be able to save a minimum charge by removing the spot yourself.
- Your carpet will look better and last longer when it is protected